Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Top 5

5. Whistler Canada
4. Aspen Co.
3. The Matterhorn Switzerland
2. Anochorage Alaska
1. Himalayas


Whistler Canada is a place that I have known about for quite sometime now. I have always wanted to go to there. It is one of the worlds best places to sky with some of the best peaks to go off of. They get loads of snow every year and are open for many months out of the year, and in the center bowl or valley there is the small town of Whistler that is a nice ski town secluded deep in the mountains.





Aspen is #4 because it is a place I have actually been to very many time. I grew up in Colorado on the eastern slope and use to visit aspen all the time. It was a very small ski town that had mostly tourists in it but today has grown to be a pretty big town. It also is surrounded by ski resorts but the mountains arent as high as th Canadaian or Sierra mountains. Overall a very beautiful place.





#3 would have to be the matterhorn in Switzerland. I have never been there but I would love to hang glide off the top of it. It is a small mountain peak that is completly maed of rock and is located in the mifddle of the swiss alps were most of my family is from.







#2 would have to be Anochorage Alaska. I have always wanted to visit alaska. I they have very low annual tempratures and get allot of snow every year even though they are practilly at sea level. They also have the most number of planes and pilots than any other state in the U.S. because anything outside of the big city in alsak has to be flown in.




#1. would have to be the tallest mountains in the rodl, the Himalayas. I love the cold and mountains. So the largest one in the world are the number one place I want to visit. There are not very many towns in this area due to the extremly rough terrain but the peoplr you do find are very tough and rugged for the extreme conditions they live in.



No comments: